Front End Developer
Gameflow Interactive is looking for a part-time (30 hrs / week) Front End Developer to join our close-knit development team in Portland, Oregon. This position will be mostly remote work, with opportunities for in-person pair programming, training, and creative collaboration sessions in Portland. This is a contract-to-hire position.
Gameflow’s work centers around highly customized WordPress themes and plugin authorship, using a build workflow based on the Roots Sage / Trellis framework. Our process is mostly remote, with a flexible and results-focused work schedule using an Agile methodology.
You’ll be reporting directly to and working with the company principal and project manager. Ongoing work, training, and promotion opportunities possible for the right candidate, with opportunities to expand workload after the contract period.
- Collaborate with our graphic design team, and back end developers to develop finished websites and user interfaces from finalized style tiles, wireframes, and designs.
- Contribute to UI / UX development of our WordPress plugin for event-driven organizations, Groundplan, based on client business and user needs
- Build reusable, well-documented code and contribute to the development of our component library for future use.
- 2+ years’ experience in front end development.
- Familiarity using Scrum/Agile development methodologies (experience with JIRA a plus)
- Specific experience in Roots frameworks is not required.
- Portland area strongly preferred
The right candidate will:
- Be comfortable estimating workloads and sticking to deadlines
- Structure their own work schedule to accomplish multiple projects efficiently
- Be able to prioritize a range of acceptance criteria and user stories from a number of organizations with a high level of attention to detail
- Document work clearly and efficiently, and leverage the documentation of others on the team
- Ask honest, valuable questions to participate in our culture of curiosity, transparency, learning, innovation, and self-development
Gameflow Interactive LLC is a boutique interactive design and development agency. We use storytelling and game mechanics to develop engaging web presences and ticketing experiences for large cultural institutions (Performing Arts, Film Festivals, and Museums).
Use the form below. In addition to your resume and any applicable skills tests (PHP, HTML5, WordPress, CSS all recommended), please provide links to either an online portfolio and/or at least 3 examples of your development work (e.g. github repository or WordPress site) and a summary of the scope of your work on the project. No phone calls, please.